Friday, February 21, 2014

~~~Living on expired food~~~


We have now gotten to the point that Mack is living off of expired food.  There has been little progress from Elecare (Abbott) because they have changed their formula yet again.  So we have called and requested a sample of this new, new formula in hopes that Mack’s body will accept it. 

The feeling that goes through a mother and father when they have only one source of food for their child and it is expiring soon is torturous. 

What do you do?  Where do you go?  How do you care for your child?  How will your child survive?

You would like to think you could go to the local farmer pick up safe organic 
food and feed your child, right?
I so wish we had that luxury. 
I so wish it was that simple. 
Instead, I spend hours at night in my kitchen just crying because I have no food for my child.  Not because we don’t have money or resources available.  It is because he has a syndrome and a disease that make is body no accept food.  He has a food allergy to proteins.

So you ask, Why can he have this one can of food (formula)?  I ask the same question every time I feed him…  What is it about this one label that works for him?  What in it lets his body function?  Why does he not react to this one label?

This is the mystery.  I spoke with the maker several times.  They state nothing was changed.  I am sorry, my child’s body says differently.  Something has changed, something is different.

 So until we get answers or it back to the way it was,
we now having to live off of expired food, until we run out.



DISCLAIMER:  The pictures used in this and all posts are property of Mack and family. 
Please no copying or using his pictures or stories without written permission first from his parents.